Dublin, Edinburgh & London with Gabra Lokken8 days
Let us handle the details
Expert Tour Director
Sightseeing with local guides
Personalized flight options
On this guided tour, you’ll walk for about 1 hour daily across mostly flat terrain, including cobblestone streets and paved roads, with few hills or stairs.
Overnight Flight 1 night
Day 1: Travel day
Board your overnight flight to Dublin today.
Dublin 2 nights Hotel info
Day 2: Arrival in Dublin
Included meals: Dinner
Welcome to Ireland! Meet your fellow travelers at tonight’s welcome dinner.
Day 3: Sightseeing tour of Dublin
Included meals: Breakfast
Take a comprehensive tour of Ireland’s capital city with a local expert leading the way.
• Stop in Phoenix Park, site of the presidential residence, and pass by the Guinness Storehouse
• Step inside the soaring St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Ireland’s largest church
• Pass St Stephen’s Green and admire the Georgian architecture of Merrion Square as you go
• See Trinity College and walk past the entrance of Grafton Street to the Molly Malone statue and the Temple Bar district
Enjoy a free afternoon in Dublin or add an excursion.
Optional Excursion - Glendalough $29pp* Details
County Wicklow has some of the wildest and most spectacular mountain scenery in Ireland, as well as many of the country’s most important historic sites. Journey through Wicklow’s captivating landscapes to Glendalough, which became famous throughout Europe as a center of Christian learning before it was sacked by Viking raiders in the 10th century. Here, you’ll see St. Kevin’s Cross, marking the place where the saint lies buried. You’ll also view the remains of the sixth-century cathedral and the remarkable Round Tower, thought to have been used by monks as a place of refuge. Your Tour Director will lead you on a tour of the site, and then you'll enjoy free time.
Save $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs. (On-tour price: $39)
Edinburgh 2 nights
Day 4: Flight to Edinburgh
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
This afternoon, fly to Edinburgh, the Scottish capital.
Day 5: Sightseeing tour of Edinburgh
Included meals: Breakfast
Get to know Edinburgh in all its medieval beauty on a tour led by a local expert.
• View the elegant Georgian New Town and the Royal Mile, two UNESCO World Heritage sites
• Pass the Sir Walter Scott monument
• Enter Edinburgh Castle to view the Scottish crown jewels and Stone of Scone
Spend a free afternoon in Edinburgh or add an excursion.
Optional Excursion - Rosslyn Chapel & Glenkinchie Distillery $89pp* Details
Famous for its connections to the Holy Grail as depicted in the best-selling novel The Da Vinci Code, Rosslyn Chapel is a place shrouded in mystery and legend. Step inside with a local guide to marvel at the crypt, colorful stained glass windows, and the intricate carvings that adorn the interior pillars and arches. Then, discover how Scotch whisky, or “the water of life” is made during a tour of Glenkinchie Distillery, one of six single-malt distilleries in the Scottish Lowlands. Here, you’ll enjoy a tasting before heading back to Edinburgh. Please note: There is no photography permitted inside of Rosslyn Chapel.
Must be booked 20 days before departure
London 2 nights Hotel info
Day 6: Travel to London
Included meals: Breakfast
Journey by train through the lochs and hills of Scotland and the English countryside. Later, arrive in the English capital.
Day 7: Sightseeing tour of London
Included meals: Breakfast, Dinner
View the regal landmarks of England’s vibrant and cosmopolitan capital on a guided sightseeing tour.
• Pass the grand Trafalgar Square and Baroque-style St. Paul’s Cathedral, perched atop Ludgate Hill
• See Westminster Abbey, the setting for royal coronations, weddings, and funerals
• View icons like Big Ben, the London Eye, Tower Bridge, and the Tower of London
• Stop by Buckingham Palace, where you may catch the Changing of the Guard
Enjoy a free afternoon in London or add an excursion.
Tonight, celebrate your trip with your group at a farewell dinner.
Optional Excursion - Windsor Castle $99pp* Details
Led by a Blue Badge Guide, you’ll travel to Windsor for a guided tour of the world’s largest and longest-inhabited castle. Founded by William the Conqueror in 1070, Windsor has been the British Royal Family’s preferred retreat for the past 900 years. Step inside the State Apartments and St. George’s Chapel, where the Knights of the Garter ceremony takes place. View the exhibit of royal treasures on display within the castle. You’ll then have time to stroll through the town of Windsor and have a look at Eton College, a prestigious prep school attended by Princes William and Harry. Please note: Windsor Castle is occasionally closed when in use by the Royal Family; a visit to Henry VIII’s Hampton Court will be substituted when necessary. Additionally, St. George’s Chapel is closed to the public on Sundays.
Must be booked 20 days before departure
Day 8: Departure
Included meals: Breakfast (excluding early morning departures)
Transfer to the airport for your flight home, or extend your stay to continue exploring London.
Add London Starting from $399 pp
A city that loves to be explored, London beckons with world-class (and often free) museums and galleries, quirky shops, outstanding restaurants, royal pageantry, charming neighborhoods, and more than 2,000 years of history.
London 1 night
Day 8: Free day in London
Included meals: Breakfast
Spend a full free day in London or add an excursion.
Optional Excursion - Tower of London & Thames River Cruise $125pp* Details
Enter the Tower of London, a UNESCO World Heritage site famous for its dark history of treason, imprisonment, and beheadings. With a local blue-badge guide leading the way, you’ll explore the nooks and crannies of this royal castle, seeing ancient coin collections, suits of armor, and the glittering Crown Jewels as you go. Later, step aboard a riverboat for a cruise down the Thames and take in views of the London skyline, Tower Bridge, Southbank, and more from the water.
Must be booked 20 days before departure
Day 9: Free day in London
Included meals: Breakfast
Enjoy another full free day in London or add an excursion.
This evening, enjoy a farewell drink as you celebrate your trip with your fellow group members.
Optional Excursion - Stonehenge & Oxford $129pp* Details
Pay a visit to Oxford, home to one of the most prestigious universities in the world. You’ll admire the charming city’s spire-studded architecture and learn more about its academic legacy during a visit to New College at Oxford University. Founded in the 14th century, this college is one of the oldest institutions in the city, and you’ll discover its extensive history during your visit. Then, enjoy free time for lunch before continuing on to Stonehenge, perhaps England’s most mysterious landmark. The origin and purpose of this ring of stones, which dates back an estimated 5,000 years, is unknown, though most believe it was a temple and observatory. Take some time to explore the intriguing stone formations and visit the newly opened exhibition and visitor center before heading back to London.
Must be booked 20 days before departure
Passport & visa requirements
- This tour visits the United Kingdom and Ireland. In order to enter these countries, U.S. and Canadian citizens need a valid passport with an expiration date extending at least six months beyond the date of reentry.
- We recommend having at least one blank passport page for entry stamps.
- There is no visa required for U.S. or Canadian citizens.
- If you are not a U.S. or Canadian citizen, you must contact each country’s consulate for your specific entry requirements.
- You will walk for about 1 hour daily across mostly flat terrain, including cobblestone streets and paved roads, with few hills or stairs.
- Travelers should be healthy enough to participate in all included walks without assistance. Adding optional excursions may increase the total amount of walking on your tour.
- You should feel comfortable managing your own baggage at times, as well as getting in and out of trains.
- If you have any mobility concerns or physical restrictions, please contact our Customer Experience Team.
Transportation & arrival information
- Round-trip flights booked through Go Ahead Tours arrive in London and depart from Dublin. When you first arrive in London, a driver from a private chauffeur service will be standing at the arrival gate with your name on a message board. If you do not see your driver, please remain in the arrival lounge, as the driver may be escorting one of your fellow travelers to the shuttle at the time of your arrival. For more details, please reference the London transfer information included in your Go Kit.
- Transfers to and from the airport at your destination are included for travelers who have purchased their flights through Go Ahead Tours. Travelers who purchase their own flights may request airport transfers with Go Ahead Tours for an additional cost.
- A train ride from London to Edinburgh and a flight from Edinburgh to Dublin are included in the price of your tour.
- All other included transportation on this tour is by private motor coach.
- Airlines have varying weight restrictions on baggage. Some airlines may impose additional charges if you choose to check any baggage; be advised that you are responsible for any such costs.
- Contact your airline for baggage size and weight restrictions for your flight, but please note that our travelers are restricted to one checked bag per person due to storage limitations on motor coaches and other transfers, which may include train connections or flights.
- One carry-on bag of 45 total inches (length + width + height) is also permitted.
- Make sure you label your baggage and keep valuables, medication, and documents in your carry-on bag.
Clothing & packing tips
- We recommend lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket or rainwear.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- You may want to pack dressier attire if you plan to visit a high-end restaurant or attend a special performance.
- It is preferable not to visit churches or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- There are no major health risks associated with traveling to the countries on this tour.
- At least 60 days prior to departure, check with your doctor or healthcare provider for the latest updates and entry requirements, or visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at cdc.gov.
- If you have medication that you take daily, be sure you have enough for each day of the tour as well as any possible delays encountered.
- If you have dietary restrictions and/or food allergies please notify Go Ahead Tours at least 30 days prior to departure by logging in to your account and updating your traveler info. To update this information closer to your departure date, please call our Customer Experience Team.
- For traditional English fare at a reasonable price, try a pub meal of fish and chips or bangers and mash. Stilton cheese, steak and kidney pie, and Cumberland sausages are also worth a try.
- Modern-day London boasts an array of diverse international restaurants. Popular options for the adventurous palate include Indian, Thai, Chinese, Indonesian, Greek, and West African cuisine. Sip afternoon tea with delicious finger sandwiches and scones at Harrods for the ultimate in English tradition.
- Scottish cuisine relies on readily available ingredients like game, dairy, and fish, with little use of exotic spices. Pickled kippers and smoked salmon are popular, as well as hearty dishes like Scotch broth (stew of meat and root vegetables) and haggis (a savory pudding of sheep innards). Scotch whisky is a legendary local spirit, and Scottish ales are world-famous.
- Irish pubs serve up hearty lunches, such as the traditional stew of bacon and boiled cabbage. Soda bread is delicious, very filling, and served with many meals. Nibble a scone at afternoon tea, with a pat of high-quality butter from County Kerry. Guinness stout is an international sensation, but locals might favor Murphy's, depending on where you are.
- Dublin has seen something of a culinary revolution, and the city now boasts an impressive array of new restaurants offering exciting cuisine with continental Europe, Asian, and even American influences.
Electricity & air conditioning
- The United Kingdom and Ireland operate on the European standard 220-240 volts and use a Type G plug with three large, flat pins.
- We recommend packing a universal adapter, as well as a voltage converter if you plan on using your own hairdryer or other electrical device without a built-in converter.
- The strength of the air conditioning in European hotels is often not as strong or as cool as what you might be used to in the U.S. or Canada. When air conditioning is available, it is usually regulated seasonally and controlled centrally by the hotel.
- Hotels may provide hairdryers, irons, and other small appliances, but these amenities cannot be guaranteed.
- Wi-Fi is available in most hotels, though some charges may apply.
- There is no Wi-Fi on any of the motor coaches.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- The United Kingdom and Ireland are on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), which is five hours ahead of Eastern Time (ET).
- When it’s noon in New York, it’s 5pm on tour.
- You will use the Pound sterling in the United Kingdom and the euro in Ireland.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, but you may choose to order some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- Inform your bank and credit card company of your travel plans so that they won’t confuse your international purchases for fraudulent charges.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your Tour Director and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $7USD to $10USD per person per day for your Tour Director and the equivalent of $3USD per person per day for your driver.
- If applicable, we also recommend the equivalent of $2USD per local guide.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
Purchasing excursions on tour
- Most optional excursions will be available for purchase while you are on tour.
- Your Tour Director will only accept cash (in USD only), Visa, or MasterCard as payment for excursions.
- Please be advised that if you pay for an excursion by credit card while on tour, it may take up to three months for your card to be charged.
- Some optional excursions may only be purchased in advance. See page four of your tour itinerary for more information.
International travel is, by its very nature, unpredictable. We must therefore reserve the right to change this itinerary, without advance notice, to meet with local conditions at the time of travel. We appreciate your understanding. Please refer to our website for Terms & Conditions, dates, and prices.
See what our travelers say about this tour—all reviews are authentic and unedited.
Have you been on tour with us? Visit My Account to submit a review.
too many mishaps due to go ahead tours
Dear Joseph, We regret to hear that this tour did not meet your expectations. One of our Quality Control team members reached out to you today to learn more about your experience. Please give us a call at 1-800-597-0350 if you wish to discuss it. We hope to hear from you, and again, we regret that you were not satisfied with your tour.
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | July 05, 2016
Great cities, even better Tour Director
I had a wonderful trip to London, Edinburgh, and Dublin. Our tour director, Derek, was incredible! He was so knowledgeable and so sweet to all of us. Derek gave really great recommendations for things to do, places to go and places to eat in each city. We had a really wonderful tour guide named Pepe in London who went completely above and beyond and took us to so many extra places on our driving tour since traffic was so light in London over Easter weekend. All of our specialty guides in the cities were great! We saw so many historical sights but still had free time built into our schedule to explore on our own. This tour is perfect for a taste of these 3 countries. I can't wait to go back to each of them to visit more places in each, especially some of the more rural areas. Go Ahead was very good about getting us everything we needed before the tour and answering all of our questions. I can't wait for my next trip!
Hi Angela! We’re so glad you enjoyed your tour of London, Edinburgh, & Dublin. We’re pleased to learn that your Tour Director and your guides were able to provide you with great recommendations and travel tips. It sounds like their guidance was very helpful! It’s also great to know that you felt the itinerary strikes a good balance between free time and planned activities. We’re happy you felt prepared and informed before leaving for tour. We strive to ensure that each traveler feels ready for the adventure that’s to come! Thank you for sharing your experience, and we also can’t wait for your next trip!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | April 22, 2016
Derek is the Man
He was very knowledgeable and accommodating, he was fun and very energetic, he found us great group activities to do and they were amazing. My Kids and I again were THRILLED!!!
Hi Daniela! We're so glad you had fun in London, Edinburgh, and Dublin. We're also very happy to learn that you enjoyed your Tour Director. It sounds like he added an extra layer of energy and passion to your experience! Thank you for your review, and we hope to welcome you on tour again soon!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | April 14, 2016
Derek was the best
My husband and I went on this tour March 2016. We went so he could go to England & I got to go to a new country. Since I had already been to London & Dublin, our tour director Derek gave us great advice on where to eat, drink and what to see off the beaten path. We did see the changing of the guard, an amazing experience (and Bill, our guide got us a great place to stand to watch it all)! The place we stayed in in London was excellent, close to the central Tube line and in a safe (up & coming) neighborhood. In Edinburgh we stayed with the tour a little bit more, Our bus driver and city guide gave us great information about the city and Derek, again, suggested delicious places to eat & drink. My only complaints in Edinburgh were 1. 2 days was definitely NOT enough time to see all the city's glory and 2. our beds were very old & uncomfortable, so my back did not love it, but again, the hotel was centrally located. Oxford & Stonehenge - optional tour was great & the driver was very good despite the torrential down pours. Derek gave us a walking tour of Oxford & since it was Easter Sunday, we got to go to Christ Church College (which was awesome)!!! Derek gave us a great history of the city, the difference between the towns folk and the University sections of the city and suggested a few food stops. The time in Oxford was very cool & I wish I had a few more hours (or days) to explore the city further. In Dublin we got another great tour (from Sela) & our driver was fantastic. We won the weather lottery in Dublin, getting a magical 2 sunny, clear, brisk days. Since we had already been to all of Ireland, Derek helped us out on finding new places to eat, drink & be merry. We followed some of his suggestions and loved EVERYTHING we ate where he had suggested. We also loved that we were the only American's in the places we went to. We skipped the country side tour and hung out in St. Stephen's Green, walked around the financial district and ate with the locals. The whole trip was great. Unlike some reviews, our tour director did not pressure us to by any optional tours (but offered them to us). He answered all our questions with patients and was more than happy to assist us with mapping our routes using transit, walking or a taxi. I will definitely go with GoAhead again and am already planning my next adventure with them (while hoping & praying we get Derek again).
Hi Stephanie! Welcome home, and thank you for your review! We’re happy your Tour Director was able to give you great suggestions on where to eat, drink, and go off the beaten path. Having an insider’s advice can be really advantageous! It’s very cool that you were able to see the changing of the guard, and it sounds like you were watching it from an optimal spot. We regret to hear that you felt you didn’t have enough time in Edinburgh. Edinburgh is certainly an amazing place, and we understand there is much to see and do there. Our Product Development team works hard to balance the itinerary, but we will be sure to communicate your feedback to them for future evaluation of this tour. We are also sorry to learn that your beds were uncomfortable at your hotel and will be sure to let our team know that, too. We’re glad you chose to include the Stonehenge and Oxford optional excursion. Despite inclement weather, it sounds like you really enjoyed it. As for Dublin, it’s great to know that your Tour Director was able to offer a fresh perspective on a place you’ve previously explored. It seems you had an authentic culinary experience there, dining with locals! Again, we thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you on tour again soon!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | April 05, 2016
Excellent Tour Director. He made our trip very fun, nice tour
Hi Mercy! Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your Tour Director! We hope to welcome you on tour again soon!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | April 04, 2016
The best part of the Go Ahead Tours experience is the balance between scheduled tours and free time. This allowed my friend and I an opportunity to see the various cities at our own pace, while still having the benefits of the scheduled tours and the convenience of having the flights/hotel/transportation planned.
A Taste of London, Edinburgh and Dubin!
This particular tour was a great way to see and explore the beauty, culture and history of three great European cities. In each city, we had excellent guides for various tours, such as Windsor castle and the bus tour of Edinburgh. Our tour director, Brian, was a personable, knowledgeable and patient. On a few occasions, things could have been more organized and some clearer communication would have helped, but overall Brian was great. He managed the logistics well, which made for a smoothly run tour. I do wish we had had one more day in each of the cities, to do some more exploring locally on foot! I highly recommend this tour, and Go Ahead Tours in general, and look forward to traveling with them again in the future!
Tour director didn't make the trip pleasurable
The locations were nice, but the accommodations could have been better. The hotel in Dublin should have been situated more-so near the attractions and shopping. My tour director failed in comparison to my tour director from last year. He was always so rushed and not very welcoming. There were days when he didn't speak in the morning. Rather I had to initiate a "good morning". He didn't do a good job with making sure that the group stayed together. He would mostly walk fast ahead and the group had to catch up. He was nice I guess, but I wouldn't want him back as a tour director. During the tour, we handled our own bags a lot, which was somewhat of a headache. Overall I had a decent time, but I'm glad that this was not my first tour. If this were my first tour, I probably would not have returned. The excursions were very nice though. I ABSOLUTELY ENJOYED THE IRISH EVENING!!!!!
Dear Sheree, Thank you for continuing to travel with Go Ahead, and for taking the time to review your most recent trip with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed the Optional Excursions for this tour! As you know, at the end of each tour, we ask our travelers to fill out detailed evaluations. We read over every evaluation we receive and compile all of the data so that we can monitor the performance of all our on-tour components. We hand-select each of our hotels to balance safety, value, amenities, and to be either centrally located, or near public transportation. The Tour Director on your tour is one that we have used quite a bit in the past, rates very well, and our travelers typically have great things to say about him. We will keep an eye out for the evaluations from your group, and will continue to survey the performance of this Director. We will use your comments to help your Tour Director improve for future tours, and we thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to welcome you onto another Go Ahead tour in the future!
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | October 12, 2015
This tour was amazing! The countries were beautiful, it was a great combination. And the food... oh the food! So good! The best part however was the tour director Jonathan - when my luggage got lost going to Ireland (no fault of Go Ahead's), they wanted a cell phone number to call me when it arrived, which of course I did not have. Jonathan gave his number right away and helped me communicate with the airline all evening until they were able to deliver it! He did not have to go above and beyond like he did, but he (and Go Ahead) should know that it was greatly appreciated!
Great itinerary with substandard direction
How can one go wrong with these three great cities? Unfortunately, our tour director had a lackluster outlook on them. Even before the first meeting, the communications of the itinerary were substandard. For instance, if we knew we would not be going into the Tower of London on tour, we would have done so on our own. But with a hotel right next to the tower, what were we to expect? And at the first meeting, our director made us feel like we chose the wrong tour by describing it as "quite the rush-about" or some such Don't get me wrong, the cities were fantastic and the city guides were really great Our tour director had a tough lot in that there were varying levels of mobility in our 30+ person group. But there were times when the group needed to look after the slower members. Our free time in Oxford, for example, caused many of us to wonder how to get back to the bus. And, according to one group member, she was watching as the bus left without her, when she had signed up for an excursion. Our director simply did not know who was signed up and who was there. Many members of our tour were repeat customers... One couple were celebrating their 10th Go Ahead Tour. With that endorsement, we might agree to try again. But from our first-time experience, the jury is still out.
Dear Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to share your tour experience, and for traveling with Go Ahead. Our Tour Directors are chosen via a rigorous selection process with years of guiding experience and are extremely impassioned individuals. As a company, we are very proud of our Tour Directors, and are consisntantly monitoring the ratings and comments they receive from our travelers to ensure they are providing a high level of service. Your comments about your Tour Director are particularly startling to us, and we will be looking into this further and addressing internally. We thank you for your insight and for your important review. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you on tour again where we can reassure you of your decision to travel with us.
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | August 19, 2015
The tour designed by Go Ahead was good; however the director was disorganized. He did not communicate well with the tour group. We never knew what to expect from day to day. He embarrassed our group on the train by putting us on the wrong car. He then didn't give us our tickets so we were, again, in the wrong seats. He was not attentive to details. His communication was vague. He always told us, "no problem". We had problems. He showed a lack of concern when we raised questions. It's alarming when the local guides tell the director to "act professional". This happened more than once. Even the bus drivers commented that he needed to tell us more information. Thank goodness for the other participants. They made the trip fun.
Dear Eric, Thank you for your review of your recent trip to London, Edinburgh, and Dublin. We are glad to read that you enjoyed the tour’s itinerary, and that you had fun with the other participants on tour. We regret to learn that you were unhappy with your Tour Director, and that there were concerns that arose on tour. We can let you know that your Tour Director has rated well in the past, and we have not seen this type of feedback about him before. We value these types of comments, as they provide important insight into the on tour experience. We are working to improve future tours based on your review and others like it, and we thank you for taking the time to share it with us.
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | July 20, 2015
The absent minded tour director
Our tour director was very disorganized and did not communicate schedules and expectations effectively. Despite his ineffectiveness, we enjoyed our tour because of the participants and sights. Local guides told our tour director multiple times to "be professional". They told him, "you need to tell them information". Daily, I saw his underwear as his pants sagged. He frequently dismissed questions and suggested we have a coffee while waiting. We were placed on the wrong train car. Had we been given our tickets, this could have been avoided. We had to wait an extended time for the bus because the wrong time was provided. Very disappointed with the director. It began with the first day when the transfer shuttle dropped me and my family a block away from the wrong hotel (more than 5 miles from the tour hotel). The director was non-chalant in his response. He was passive by not offering assistance.
Dear Carol, We are a company that takes the upmost pride in the individuals we hand-select to lead our tours. We are constantly reviewing our Tour Directors based on customer feedback, and we monitor their performance closely to ensure that we maintain a very high standard of leadership. We are sorry to hear that you do not feel your Tour Director met your expectations. We understand that you had concerns on tour, and were happy that you were able to discuss these concerns with our team here in the office as they unfolded. We are certainly investigating the performance of this individual, and we thank you for your thoughtful contribution to his evaluation.
Posted by Katie, Manager of Quality Control | July 20, 2015
Great trip but need to go back
Loved the trip but it was too much for the time we had.
Best Vacation Ever
My husband and I were celebrating our 25th anniversary, and signed up for the trip to London, Edinburgh and Dublin. Our tour director, Cornelius, was hilarious and very knowledgeable. We enjoyed the bus tours in each city to point out the major sights, but then we usually took off on our own to explore. Looking forward to more tours.
Great value and lots of freedom
Just returned from this tour. First time I've used Go Ahead, and was recommended to the company by a friend. I chose GAT because I've never traveled abroad and was not sure that I would know how to get around in a foreign city. I'm very pleased with my tour and the tour director. We got a great value for all that we saw, since the price of the tour includes air fare and hotel accommodations. The accommodations were okay. London's Novotel and Edinburgh's HI Express were in good locations. They were both clean and served good continental breakfasts. Dublin's Maldron Hotel in Smithfield was the worst. The location was far from the city center and all on our tour were greatly concerned with the safety of the location. Luckily, there were no serious incidents, but everyone was approached at least once by drunk locals looking for handouts. I sincerely hope GAT never puts their customers in this hotel again. It was clean and had sufficient amenities, it was just in a really poorly chosen spot. We had a wonderful tour director who was helpful but also very easy going. He made himself available to answer questions and help us decide what to do and how to get there every morning. My friend and I chose to skip the sightseeing tour in London because we had so many other activities planned, and our director was fine with that. The best part about GAT is that there is a lot of free time to do what you want and go at your own pace. We had a very small group so GAT cancelled all of the optional excursions, but did not bother to tell anyone until the first day of the tour. My friend and I called ahead on several occasions and were prepared for this, but no one else in our tour was, and they were upset. The tour director was also upset that travelers were not contacted by GAT ahead of time to let them know this. Tip for perspective travelers: call GAT at least once a month and ask for updates on the number of people booked for the tour and likelihood of canceling excursions. Also, many of the optional excursions can be done on your own through other companies, and they are significantly cheaper than what GAT charges. Take the time to do some research before committing. As an introductory tour to an international location, this was perfect. You get to experience three different cities and all the different types of public transportation you can imagine. However, you do not get to spend a lot of time in each city. If you are able to do an excursion, that will lessen your time in the city even more, and especially for places like London where there is so much to do and see, you may want to think about opting for the city stay as well. It would be worth the additional cost. I was concerned about the weather, but November was a great time to go. It was cold, so pack coats that can withstand rain. Layer your clothes as the restaurants and pubs can get warm. And of course, don't forget your umbrella. The sturdier the better because of possible high winds. We lucked out and had incredibly beautiful days with lots of sunshine for most of the trip. Only hit rain one day in London. Cloudy and cold but dry the rest of the time. Best of all about going in November - no lines!!! The streets and museums were still crowded, so I can't even imagine how bad it would be during peak season. Very glad we decided to go when it was cheapest, and very glad we decided to tour with Go Ahead.
Excellent UK Adventure
We thoroughly enjoyed our tour and found that our experience was greatly enhanced by our tour director, Matt Billett who provided excellent recommendations and a wealth of knowledge in each city. The London location was a bit out of the way and the rooms were very small and not air conditioned (we opened the windows so it was fine aside from the noise) but their breakfast buffet was very good. The Stonehenge/Bath tour was excellent and the highlight of our time in England. While the rooms were similarly small in Edinburgh, the location was excellent and in the heart of that beautiful city - again, excellent breakfast buffet and the welcome dinner was top notch. Our local guide, Margaret Butcher, was also excellent and provided some wonderful personal insights to the city tour. The excursion to St. Andrews was well worth the trip. Again, Matt's local recommendations for things to see and do were right on target. On the final leg of our journey in Ireland, the hotel was great and the local guide Therese was excellent. The excursion to Powerscourt and Glendalough was excellent and our driver Robert went above and beyond in selecting the route providing us with breathtaking views of the Wicklow Mountains. Matt's local insights once again maximized our experience and enjoyment of Dublin. This was our first tour with Go Ahead and while we typically are very self-directed travelers, I felt the tour enabled us to see and enjoy the cities to the fullest.
A Great Introduction to the British Isles!
Excellent tour! A good balance of optionals and free time in each city.
another excellent tour
other than mediocre hotel in Edinburgh I was very pleased with accomadations and guides in each city
Top Notch Tour Guide
We were a small group so didn't qualify for the usual GoAhead Optionals. Our tour guide, Emilia, went above and beyond finding us excursions, collecting fees, refunding fees, and doing an amazing job. She was always available and very helpful with a delightful personality. She found us a tour to the Scottish Highlands, Glencoe, and Loch Ness that was amazing and unforgettable. After 10 tours with GoAhead, we can say the guides have always been outstanding!
Great taste of England, Scotland and Ireland!
My friend and I took the Go Ahead tour of London, Edinburgh and Dublin in May, 2012. We had such a wonderful time! The tour lands you in each city for three days and provides a city tour by bus at each of the three cities to give you an overview. We just loved that Go Ahead provides the travel and hotel stays along with an informed tour guide to help with any further trip plans or questions you may have without locking you into staying with the tour group all of the time. We were free to explore on our own and know that we had the safety and experience of the area of our Go Ahead tour director. My friend and I took the Go Ahead tour from London to Bath and Stonehenge. So interesting and gave us a much broader sense of England as opposed to staying in London, only. Highly recommend. In Edinburgh, a city not to be missed, we took a tour offered by Rabbies (excellant!) to the highlands of Scotland. Again, gave us a much better picture of Scotland than staying in Edinburgh, only. Highly recommend!! Lastly, in Dublin we took a further tour with Railtours Ireland to Bunratty Castle, the Cliffs and Galway Bay. Gave us a better taste of Ireland than staying in Dublin, only. All told this is a fantastic tour!! Spring was a lovely time to go for seeing the beautiful bright fresh greenery and of course all the newly born lambs (everywhere!) and cows (hairy, too). We hope to go back to Scotland with Go Ahead in the future!